How do I transfer an existing investment?
You can transfer the accounts you have opened at other institutions to Assante Connect, directly from your dashboard at any time.
To submit a transfer request, please complete the following steps:
- From your dashboard, click the "Transfer Funds" option in the top righthand corner.
- Click the "Transfer" button on the "Account Transfer" tab.
- You will be able to select the account you wish to bring your investment into. Note, that you can only transfer from and to an account of the same type. For example, you can transfer an RRSP at your financial institution to your RRSP at Assante Connect. If you do not have the same account type at Assante Connect, you will be able to click on 'open one first' during the transfer process.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to let us know how you want to transfer the account:
- Entire Account: All investments will be sold and transferred as cash.
- Partial amount (cash only): No investments will be sold. The amount must already be in cash. You will be required to enter an amount.
- Once you have made your selection, you will be asked to upload a statement. From your Desktop, either drag the account statement into the grey box, or click the box, and select the statement from your computer. Please ensure that the document is legible as the document may be required with your transfer by your relinquishing institution.
An associate from our transfer team will follow up with you on your transfer request to complete the transfer form needed by your institution. In some cases, more documents may be required from you to initiate the transfer.
Account transfers will typically take 2-5 weeks to complete.
Feel free to let us know if you have any questions through the dialogue icon on your dashboard.